Sunday, January 25, 2009

Happy Year of the Ox!


I wish all readers and chicken lovers a wonderful year of the Ox. May everyone get wealthier and healthier. And enjoy the long weekend as well. No holidays for me this year. *Depression* Mummy Wings always asked whether I will be back for CNY. Always have to tell her no, but she keeps asking, like the answer will change if she asked often enough. Air tickets are still not that cheap even though demand has dropped heavily. Sorry Mum. And Grandma too. Haven't seen her in a while. This year's reunion lunch and dinner will be held together with me, myself and my wings. I hope it will be the first and last time such a loser thing will happen. 

I hope the Ox will usher in a good year for everyone if thats even possible. I gaze at my crystal ball and it tells me that there is nothing to look foward to after CNY. The economy is gonna get slaughtered. If it gets too bad, I will just have to stop reading newspapers and blogs and live in my sanctuary here. Yep, without looking at online news and blogs, I will be pretty clueless what is going on around the world. Can't understand what everyone is talking about here not listen to the radio or watch the TV. Such a cut-off from reality is pretty good seeing how bad things are. 

If there is one good thing that has to come out from this year, I hope it will be believing in honesty and hard work, just like the Ox. The bull is always seen as a hardworking animal, no shortcuts, no play cheats. If everyone lives to their conscience, the world will be a much better place aint it. Saying that, I am not very hardworking and honest myself. So this perfect scenario will most likely occur in my dreams only. So what good thing can come out this year? It has already happened. Bush is gone and Sarah Palin is not one sudden heart attack from becoming President of the States. Luckily its not the year of the Pig or she might have become the president.


2 comments:

  1. Any one wanna guess what an Ox is?

    Ox = Castrated bull

    Have a happy castrated new year to all.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Given how 2009 will turn out, a castrated bull is a pretty appropriate symbol.

    ReplyDelete